Carrot, coriander & ginger soup
Anyone else love soup? One of my fav go-to soup recipes for years, adding a little ginger and cayenne pepper can increase the warming properties especially on these colder days.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1.5g carrots, diced
300g yellow onion, diced
40g celery, diced
25g finely chopped coriander stems (keeping the leaves aside until cooking)
2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp garlic, crushed/finely chopped
2l vegetable stock
Salt to season
Pinch of turmeric
Pick of cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat and sauté the onion, celery, garlic and a pinch of salt for around 5 minutes until the vegetables become soft and translucent.
- Add the carrots, coriander stems, root ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Partially cover and simmer for around 3o minutes until the carrots become tender, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and add half of the coriander leaves and allow to sit for 5 minutes before blending in batches.
- Stir in the more of the coriander leaves, keeping a small amount to sprinkle on top to serve.
Happy cooking, looking forward to hearing how you get on,